This article originally appeared on https://www.droidguides.com/debloat-huawei-devices-using-adb-how-to/
In this guide we will show you how to debloat Huawei devices using ADB. Bloatware are the unnecessary apps and services that come pre-installed on your Android devices.
They take up space on your device which could be used for other purposes. The worst part is, you can not get rid of them in the way you would normally remove apps from your Android device.
Apart from pre-installed apps and services, bloatware could also be installed on your device through third-party installations or unapproved links. So in this guide here, we will be showing you how to remove bloatware and debloat Huawei devices using ADB commands.
For Huawei users especially, bloatware becomes quite an issue because it is present in large numbers in Huawei devices. Most of these pre-installed apps and services are of no use and just reduce the available storage space on your device.
These apps are used by Huawei for promotional purposes and on some occasions, they can also be used to gather user data.
Why should Bloatware Apps be removed?
Bloatware in general are apps and services present on your device which use up a lot of device resources, such as battery and as we previously mentioned, devices storage.
When bloatware is active in the background of your device, the device performance is also reduced. Bloatware can also be the cause of ads on your device’s lock screen or your browser.
Debloat Huawei devices using ADB commands
In this section of the guide, we will be showing the steps through which you can debloat Huawei devices using ADB commands. Follow the steps carefully to remove unwanted bloatware from your Huawei device.
1. Download and Install Android SDK Platform Tools
First up, you are required to download and install Android SDK Platform tools on your computer. This tool is an official software development kit from Google, which is used in development of Android applications. After you have downloaded the tool from the provided link, follow the steps below to install it on your computer:
- Start up Android Studio.
- Proceed to Configure > SDK Manager
- Then you will have to click on these tabs in the default setting dialog box to install Android SDK platform packages.
- Select apply and click on OK.
2. Enable USB Debugging
Next, you are required to enable USB Debugging on your device. This is required so that the device can communicate with the ADB tool while it is in ADB mode.
For this, you will have to first enter Developer’s mode. This can be done by going to Settings > About and there you will have to tap on the build number 7 times. With this, your phone will go into Developer’s mode.
After that, head over to Settings again, then System > Advanced > Developer Options. In there, scroll down to USB debugging and enable the option.
- Canon Service Tооlѕ for Canon Printer Reset
- Private Story Names for Snapchat (2022) ❤️
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 2 Gets Physical Switch Release – Nintendo Watcher
- The Dead Space – Funzalo
- Activate BET on Roku, Fire TV via bet.com/activate code (2022)
- How to Start a Business with No Money – Sreeja Jude
- Best Appointment Scheduling Software in 2022 | Scheduling Software Pricing Reviews & Demo
- PUBG VS Warzone | Which is the Best Battle Royale Game?
- Fortnite Leak Reveals ‘Artistic 2.0’ Options To Create NPCs, Management Storm, And Extra — Meta Games News
- How To Remove Yahoo Search From Chrome 2022
- 8 Best Fixes for Unable to Connect to World Minecraft Error – TEKSBIT
- Tips to type in Word with using voice on PC in 2022 – Trickbugs
- How to Digitize Your DVDs on Windows10 for Free – Techisours
- What Are Lifetime Deals (LTD) of SaaS Software?
- Pay Later Archives – TheAppFlow
- Best 5 Anonymous Bitcoin Wallets (Updated 2022)
- The Best 5 Affordable Chromebooks For Back-To-School Or Distance Learning – The Gadget Diary
- Upgrade Any Phone To KitKat – 2017
- Python for Loop Iteration: How to Easily Manipulate a List – Whole Blogs
3. Establish ADB shell connection
Android developers and enthusiasts would know that the ADB command line can be used to carry out a variety of actions. Examples of these include installing and debugging an application.
When you need to debloat Huawei devices using ADB commands, you need to establish an ADB shell connection, which can also be done using the ADB command line by following the given steps:
- Firstly, connect your Huawei device to your computer via a USB cable.
- Then search for the platform tools folder in the Android Studio SDK manager. You can browse android_sdk/platform-tools.
- In the address bar in that folder, type in cmd to launch the Command prompt.
- You can verify if a secure connection between your device and computer has been made, by typing “adb devices”. If there is a secure connection, you will get the device id.
- Once done, key in “adb shell” to establish the shell environment. Now you will be able to see your device’s codename.
4. Debloat Huawei devices using ADB commands
Once you are done with all of the steps above, then you can finally Debloat Huawei devices using ADB commands.
- Type in “pm list packages” in the command line interface. With this, you will be given the list of all the packages and apps that are available on your Huawei device.
- Now you have to type “pm uninstall –user PackageName” in the command line in order to remove bloatware from your device.
- The “PackageName” in the command above needs to be replaced with the actual package name of the app that you want to remove. For instance, if you want to remove the Huawei stock app market, you will need to enter the following command to uninstall the application:
- pm uninstall – –user 0 com.Huawei.appmarket
Huawei Bloatware Packages
Below, we have provided you with the list of package names of all of the available packages in Huawei devices as bloatware. Use the command provided above with the package name provided below to remove the application from your device.
Huawei Built in Application Package
com.huawei.android.tips | Huawei Tips/Tricks
com.huawei.android.totemweather | Huawei Weather
com.huawei.arengine.service | Augmented reality service
com.huawei.browser | Huawei Browser
com.huawei.contactscamcard | Business card reader
com.huawei.compass | Huawei Compass
com.huawei.desktop.explorer | Desktop Service
com.huawei.fido.uafclient | Fast ID Online function
com.huawei.gameassistant | Huawei Game Suite (HiGame)
com.huawei.geofence | Geofence service
com.baidu.input_huawei | Built in keyboard
com.huawei.appmarket | Huawei Market
com.huawei.android.chr | HwChrService
com.huawei.android.FloatTasks | Floating dock
com.huawei.android.hsf | Huawei own Services Framework
com.huawei.android.hwpay | Huawei Payement app
com.huawei.android.karaoke | karaoke entertainment app
com.huawei.android.mirrorshare | MirrorShare from Huawei
com.huawei.android.remotecontroller | Huawei Smart Controller
com.huawei.search | HiSearch app
com.huawei.stylus.floatmenu | Floating menu
com.huawei.hdiw | Huawei ID app
com.huawei.hifolder | Huawei Online Cloud folder service
com.huawei.himovie.overseas | Huawei Videos App
com.huawei.hitouch | Floating dock by Huawei
com.huawei.hwdetectrepair | Huawei Smart diagnosis app
com.huawei.iaware | Huawei info app
com.huawei.livewallpaper.paradise | Live wallpaper service
com.huawei.parentcontrol | Parental controls functions
com.huawei.pcassistant | HiSuite service
com.huawei.phoneservice | HiCare app
com.huawei.mirror | Huawei Mirror app
com.huawei.screenrecorder | Huawei Screen recorder feature
com.huawei.vassistant | Huawei Voice Assistant
com.huawei.videoeditor | Video editor function
com.huawei.wallet | Huawei Wallet
com.huawei.watch.sync | Huawei Watch sync function
com.iflytek.speechsuite | Default voice input method
Bloatware Package List
com.android.bips | Print Service
com.android.calculator2 | Calculator app
com.android.calendar | Calendar app
com.android.carrierconfig | Carrier-specific configuration
com.android.cellbroadcastreceiver | Cell Broadcast
com.android.dreams.basic | Screensaver mode
com.android.dreams.phototable | Photo screensaver
com.android.egg |Android build’s easter egg feature
com.android.email | Stock email app
com.android.emergency | Emergency Contacts
com.android.exchange | Non-Gmail email support
com.android.gallery3d | Gallery
com.android.htmlviewer | In-built HTML viewer
com.android.hotwordenrollment.okgoogle | OK Google detection service
com.android.magicsmoke | Live wallpaper
com.android.managedprovisioning | Managing App
com.android.mediacenter | Huawei Music app
com.android.mms | SMS app
com.android.mms.service | MMS app
com.android.noisefield | Live wallpaper
com.android.phasebeam | Wallpaper
com.android.printservice.reccomendation | Mobile Printing service
com.android.pacprocessor | Proxy auto-configuration
com.android.phone.recorder | Call recorder
com.android.providers.blockednumber | Storage of blocked numbers
com.android.providers.calendar | Calendar sync
com.android.providers.partnerbookmarks | bookmarking service
com.android.providers.userdictionary | Dictionary
com.android.quicksearchbox | Quick Search box
com.android.soundrecorder | Sound recorder
com.android.stk | SIM Toolkit
com.android.vending | Google Play Store
com.android.voicedialer | Voice search
com.android.vpndialogs | VPN system
com.android.wallpaper.holospiral | Live wallpaper
com.android.wallpaper.livepicker | Wallpaper picker
com.android.wallpapercropper | Wallpaper cropper
com.example.android.notepad | Notepad
Apps from Google in Huawei smartphone
com.google.android.apps.books | Google Books
com.google.android.apps.cloudprint | Cloud print
com.google.android.apps.currents | Currents
com.google.android.apps.docs | Google Drive
com.google.android.apps.fitness | Google Fit
com.google.android.apps.mapps | Google Maps
com.google.android.apps.photos | Google Photos
com.google.android.apps.tachyon | Google Duo
com.google.android.apps.wallpaper | Google Wallpapers
com.google.android.apps.wellbeing | Digital Wellbeing
com.google.android.feedback | Google Feedback
com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox | Google Search
com.google.android.gm | Gmail
com.google.ar.core | Google ARCore
com.google.marvin.talkback | Talkback
com.google.android.play.games | Google Play Games
com.google.android.street | Google Street View
com.google.android.videos | Google Play Movies
com.google.android.youtube | YouTube
com.google.tango.measure | Google Measure
Unwanted 3rd Party app bloatware
com.amazon.aa | Amazon
com.amazon.aa.attribution | Amazon Attribution
com.booking – Booking.com | Booking App
com.ebay.mobile – eBay | Ebay SHopping
com.facebook.appmanager |Facebook manager
com.netflix.mediaclient | Netflix App
com.microsoft.translator | Tarnslator from Microsoft
com.snapchat.android | Snapchat
com.swiftkey.swiftkeyconfigurator | SwiftKey Keyboard
com.touchtype.swiftkey |Swiftkey Keayboard
org.smsalliance.openmobileapi.service | SmartcardService
So that was it from our side on how to debloat Huawei devices using ADB commands. We hope that you found this guide helpful. Let us know what you think in the comment section below.